The Twinning project "Strengthening the Enforcement of Competition and State Aid", which started on 25 January 2011 finished on 28 March 2013.
In order to achieve the goals of the project, the Competition Council experts and the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology exchanged the best practices with the State Commission for the Protection of Economic Competition of the Republic of Armenia on competition rules and implementation of the supervision of state aid, helped to prepare a report highlighting recommendations for the amendments of the existing competition legislation and state aid legislation, as well as provided seminars to the Armenian Competition Authority and other Armenian state institutions, lawyers, media.
Facts and numbers:
- Twinning partners – German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, Competition Council of the Republic of Lithuania;
- Beneficiary: State Commission for the Protection of Economic Competition of the Republic of Armenia;
- Project duration: 26 months;
- Budget: EUR 1,1 million;
- Seminars and roundtables – 35, participants from Armenian state bodies, courts, media – 345;
- 10 competition and state aid experts from Lithuania shared their best practices with colleagues from Armenia;
- Competition Council's representatives in the project: Deputy Chairman J. Šovienė (Project leader), Adviser on Economic Analysis Š. Pajarskas (Resident Twinning Adviser in Armenia), Chairman Š. Keserauskas, Deputy Chairman E. Šatas, Council Member J. Ivanauskienė, former Council Member S. Cemnolonskis and other experts.
More on the Twinning project Final Report