The functions of customer service at the Competition Council are entrusted to the Chief Specialist, Giedrė Straižienė, and in her absence, to the person replacing her.
The working hours and contact information of the person responsible for customer service are as follows:
- From Monday to Thursday, during the Competition Council's working hours, from 08:00 to 17:00. On Fridays, from 08:00 to 15:45. Working hours are shortened by one hour on the eve of public holidays.
- Additional time after the Competition Council's working hours: on Tuesdays, from 17:00 to 18:00, pre-registered requests or complaints from individuals (by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org until Monday,16:30) can be accepted.
- Address: Jogailos g. 14, 01116 Vilnius; phone: +370 5 212 7608; +370 600 72 850; e-mail: email@example.com.
Electronic means of communication through which individuals can submit their requests or complaints to the institution:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- E-delivery system: epristatymas.lt.
Notifications and information regarding possible violations of the Law on Competition and the Law on Prohibition of Unfair Practices by Retailers can be submitted on this website under the section "Report to us", as well as through other methods and means agreed with the Competition Council.
Information received through social media channels is not considered as requests or complaints, and it will not be processed by the Competition Council.
Requests and complaints written in a non-state language will not be processed unless, according to legislation or agreements made with the Competition Council, a request or complaint is submitted by a foreign state institution, another foreign entity, or an international organisation. Other requests and complaints written in a non-state language will be processed only if the entire text of the request or complaint, along with the text of any accompanying documents, is translated into Lithuanian, and the copies of the translation are provided by the person submitting the request or complaint, except when the Director of the Administration decides otherwise.
The description of customer service procedures at the Competition Council is approved by the order of the Chairman of the Competition Council of the Republic of Lithuania, dated July 13, 2023, No. 2V-31, "On the Approval of the Description of Customer Service Procedures at the Competition Council (document in Lithuanian)."