11TH BALTIC COMPETITION CONFERENCE “COMPETITION ENFORCEMENT: TRENDS AND CASE-STUDIES”
On 10 September, the Competition Council in partnership with Vilnius University will hold the 11th Baltic Competition Conference. The morning session will start with a keynote speech on “Competition Law Enforcement: Recent Trends” which will be delivered by Richard Whish, Professor Emeritus at King’s College London, QC, and author of numerous publications on competition law.
The panel sessions will include speeches by the following competition law experts:
- John Davies, Head of Competition Division at OECD;
- Dr Ioannis Kokkoris, Professor at the University of Reading, Executive Director of the Centre for Commercial Law and Financial Regulation;
- Nils von Hinten-Reed, Managing Partner, CEG Europe, Economics Expert before European Commission, national authorities, courts and arbitral panels on competition, damages and regulation, including T-mobile and Vivendi, Gazprom;
- Dr Gintarė Surblytė, Senior Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition.
- Dr Philip Marsden, Deputy Chairman, Competition and Markets Authority, London, Professor, Competition Law and Economics, College of Europe, Bruges;
- Gunnar Kallfass, Head of German and European Antitrust Law Unit at Bundeskartellamt/Federal Cartel Office
- Dr Lauras Butkevičius, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Law, Vilnius University;
- Göran Karreskog, Head of the Cartels and Mergers Unit, Swedish Competition Authority;
- Thilo Reimers, Counsel for Antitrust at Deutsche Bahn.
The conference will be dedicated to three core themes:
- The importance of economic analysis when assessing vertical agreements
- Competition enforcement in internet-based trade
- The concept of a single economic unit in bid-rigging cases
The conference “Competition Enforcement: Trends and Case-Studies” is a unique opportunity to hear internationally recognised competition law and economics experts, to get acknowledged with up-to-date competition law enforcement trends, and also have an opportunity to compare competition law policies among the Baltic States, Poland, Germany, Northern European countries.
It is important to note, that conference’s program will also include OECD track – John Davies will focus on how Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is encouraging a global competition.
A roundtable discussion among the heads of Competition authorities from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Northern EU Member States will close the conference.
Rotating International Baltic Competition conference organized the 11th time this year. In 2013 the conference was held in Estonia, Latvia will host the next one in 2015. These years conference is organized by Lithuanian Competition Council in partnership with Vilnius University Law Faculty.
For more information please visit /en/news-and-events-1/conferences or follow us on Linkedin.
Media Partner: Policy and Regulatory Report (PaRR)
Only 20 days left for registration!
To register or request information please call (+370 5) 2615170, (+370 5) 2625953 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition Council Spokesperson